My baby is 5 months old today (Friday)! Can anyone tell me how that happened?
One Month
Five Months
Now that you've said "Ahhhhh!" and your womb is crying ... here are some links for you to visit.
- How to Substitute Eggs in Recipes at Once a Month Mom - Helpful hints, especially if you're like me and sometimes get halfway through a recipe before you realize you're out of something.
- Ten Tips for New Runners at Eclipsed - I haven't really mentioned here that I've been doing a Christian Couch to 5K-type program called Run for God.
Maybe because I don't want to be held accountable.These tips are great and very encouraging to me! - Training Minds Away from Twaddle at Raising Arrows
- How to Make Your Own Sourdough Starter at A Good and Simple Life - This seems a lot easier than some I have seen. Except finding a place in my house that's above 80 degrees but below 85???
- Five Minutes on Seasons at OhAmanda - so true. I called a friend with older kids this week crying, just to hear that this season was not forever. (That would be the no-sleep season. I love little babies ... I just miss sleeping.)
Added to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.
----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
I used to help bake my family's sourdough bread. My mom had made our starter through an elaborate process that involved yeast and who knows what else. A few years later, I started my own with simply flour and water sitting on the counter to ferment. I made it during a hot Indiana summer in a kitchen without air conditioning. It could have been anywhere between 70 - 90 degrees; I have no idea. After a few days, it was nice and bubbly and I started using it. I've discovered that baking bread (at least sourdough bread; I've never made yeast bread) is pretty foolproof as long as you're willing for the bread to come out a bit different every time. Luckily, I like my bread sour and dense, so I don't really care about the small variations. :) Good luck if you decide to make your own starter!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the linky love! I'm thinking very seriously of trying to start a Run for God group at our church.
ReplyDeleteYou've got a beautiful baby! Oh, I miss that stage. It goes by way too fast.