It gripped me this year as school began that I only had three years left with Libbie truly under my wings; she will be almost 6 by the time she goes to kindergarten but still, it doesn't seem long enough! We love reading together and I try to make a point of choosing some books that open spiritual conversations with her.
Here are seven that I love (including some series, so really, a lot more!) and three that I think I would love.
1. Gigi, God's Little Princess
2. The Parable of the Lily
3. Miss Fannie's Hat
5. My ABC Bible Verses
6. Jesus Storybook Bible
I'm sure I will think of a zillion other books as soon as I hit publish, but that's all I can think of for now ... but here are three more I haven't read but think would be great:
8. Humphrey's First Christmas by Carol Heyer
9. What Is Easter? by Michelle Medlock Adams
10. Heaven, God's Promise for Me by Anne Graham Lotz
What are your favorite Christ-centered books to read to your kids?
Linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at OhAmanda & Best of 31 Days.
----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
Dangerous Journey has been one of our favorites.
ReplyDeleteAmy @ Missional Mama
these are all great books. and you're right about Will the Mighty Warrior. it is one of my son's favorites (age 3). i would add some of MasterBooks books to the list too, about dinosaurs and creation. :)
ReplyDeleteWe love the Jesus Storybook Bible! and I think i want to add some of these to the Christmas wish list!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh, and how old is too old for Will the mighty warrior, do you think???
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list! There's another great one by Liz Curtis Higgs--The Pumpkin Patch Parable. That was my boys' favorite to read every October. And of course there are so many good ones to read at Christmastime. Thank God for Christian authors!
ReplyDelete