Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ten Days Old

Dear David,

Someday, you'll sleep all night in your own bed. Maybe even on your back.

IMG_0294

Someday you won't want to nurse and I will miss your intense need to eat every hour and a half today.

IMG_0088

When I thought about having a newborn, the thing I most looked forward to was having someone to snuggle who couldn't get away. Your sweet snuggles make me blissful. The smell of your head is perfect.

IMG_0181

Someday you might hate your near-Christmas birthday. But for me, it was a blessing to grow alongside Mary and feel her anticipation. And wonder how on earth she traveled on a donkey when she was quite possibly having contractions.

IMG_0249

I love you super-duper much, baby boy. I promise I will try to not rush your newborn phase. I want to live in the now. Remind me of that at 3 a.m.  when even the Miracle Blanket can't convince you to sleep in your pack-and-play, OK?

Thank you for being such a sweet baby. Being your mommy is a finer thing.

Love,
Mommy

----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group

8 comments:

  1. A finer thing indeed! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Jessie....and my thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie @ Got My Reservations9:17 PM

    He's already got a personality that shines through in these photos. What a wonderful gift to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruh roh. Those pictures of your little ball of sweetness are reeeeally making my heart go pitter-patter. I need to talk to my hubs. We may need just ONE more baby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a cutie! Do enjoy those snuggles. I miss that my boy, only nine months old, is past the cuddly snuggles. One of my favorite things about a newborn is their squeaks. And that seems to pass even more quickly with every baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snuggle up now, for sure! I just snuggled Darah for a few minutes. She'll always be my baby, but she certainly isn't a tiny little thing, anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Enjoy your time with your newborn. And your older sweetie-pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails