Thursday, August 05, 2010

BlogHop '10


 It's that time of year again. The time where it seems that everyone in your Twitter stream has the same agenda: going to BlogHer.

In actuality, I don't know THAT many people who are going compared to how many people I follow on Twitter. But every year, it manages to make those of us who are still at home, changing poopy diapers and mopping the floor, feel a little "less than."

Honestly, I wouldn't even like to be at BlogHer. I get frightened in big crowds. I am not good at schmoozing, and I don't really party. I wouldn't mind being in NYC by myself for a few days, but I'd rather spend my time eating, shopping, and sleeping in a big comfy bed by myself.

All that to say, thanks again to Robin for organizing the BlogHop for those of us left at home. I am blessed to know such a fun girl--online and in real life! Yes, you can all be VERY jealous that Robin and I live less than half an hour apart and she has come to my "I-have-no-family-in-Chattanooga-and-I'm-going-insane" rescue a few times. :)

If you're visiting from the BlogHop, I'm Jessie. I've been typing out posts here for 4 years, and during that time I've become the mother to two little children. I have a 21-month-old daughter, Libbie, who is the cutest curly-headed thing you've ever seen in your life. And I am due December 22nd with a little boy!

SNV33786

I mostly write about parenting, cooking up simple but delicious recipes, my faith, and grammar, along with a little memoir-type reminiscing. You can see my BlogHop '09 post if you want to see a little more about my quirky self!

 My family

I have a kid crying in her bed, so it's time to start the day. Today I'm going to a study at someone's house where we're discussing 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter--it's usually the highlight of my week! Then I'll be coming back to work on a freelance writing project and trying to clean up since we are having friends over tomorrow. Somewhere along the way I'll be whipping up Sloppy Chicken Pan Pizza for dinner. And I might be fitting in a few episodes of Big Brother (THE SHAME!!) and Project Runway.

What are you doing today??

----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
A few of my favorite things on my Tumblr page

20 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about BlogHer. But I would like to go one year. Maybe we should buddy up and go next year!

    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from the Blog Hop! Your daughter is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely addicted to Project Runway too! "Make it work people!" What an adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in being a boy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Love the curls on your little girl! My second daughter is getting curls as her hair grows in, and it's so fun! I'll definitely be looking around some of your other posts some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Given that I'm not even in the same country as BlogHer, it's unlikely that I'll ever attend. :( But to answer your question, today I am organising one kitchen cabinet, the play room, making beds, changing nappies, baking a cake, and gestating (only 5 more weeks!) And though others have said it, your daughter is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already subscribe to your blog, but I almost never comment. But here I am! :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Happy Blog Hop '10. I look forward to reading your posts...blogging is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is A-Dor-A-Ble! Congrats on your baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m visting from the Blog Hop and it is so nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you on twitter the other day via someone...so I was just checking out your blog finally.

    I have a 20 month old little girl :)

    As for BlogHer, I don't really hear fabulous things anyway. The big names don't socialize with the little people, and I really don't need more of the HS cattiness that I was so glad to leave behind 12 years ago.

    Looking forward to reading you more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad I am not the only one that avoids the big crowds and parties. I am not even sure I would like NYC - too big for me I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the little boy! You grabbed my interest when you combined grammar as something that you write about. Does that make me seem boring? Ah well, I also love recipes, faith and parenting (most of the time).

    I grew up in Knoxville. Oh how I miss East TN.

    Here's my Blog Hop post: This Blog O’ Mine

    Here's my gift card giveaway: It’s My Party and I’ll Buy If I Want To

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey my friend!
    I'm Blog Hopping, saw your link and I thought I should stop in to say hello and grab a chat and a cup of tea.

    ...Or leave a comment and say hey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jessie,

    I'm a subscriber and love your blog! Just stopping by from the Blog Hop to say hello! I'm in Nashville. Maybe we could meet halfway one day. Have a great weekend!

    http://www.mommythecouponhunter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping in to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping in from the 'hop'... Oh my goodness, Libbie is just adorable!! :) Congratulations on the new little one on his way.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I'm hopping over, too. This is my first Blog Hop and I think it's a terrific way to meet/read some new faces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Nice meeting you!! I will have to come back to check out recipes!! I would rather not cook but my kids get bored with the same things I do cook and besides my hubby Loves to cook:O) Have a great day off to paint it is how I spend my days:O) Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to meet you, I've never been to BLOGHER either but I can always make time to blog hop. The bogsphere is so large that I haven't even seen most of the BLOGHOP BLOGS. THANKS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails