Libbie and I moved to Chattanooga in January with an aquarium membership fresh in our pockets. I assumed she and I would go there quite a bit. But I also wanted to check out the children's museum--the Creative Discovery Museum.
We quickly fell in love! While Libbie is still too young to appreciate much of what's going on there, it's a great place for her to just run around, play, touch, and explore. As she's grown she's become more and more fond of the music section and the art section, too. I hope we'll keep our membership at the museum for many years to come!
Yesterday we took our first family trip to the museum--Mr. V had never been. Here's some photographic evidence of the journey.
Libbie colored and played with clay in the art room …
Dug for dinosaur bones with Daddy …
Explored different kinds of rocks …
And played many drums as well as this old Nickelodeon piano!
The Creative Discovery Museum is very reasonable for a year's membership ... and is a place I truly love!
For more Things I Love Thursday, visit Jill at The Diaper Diaries.
----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
A few of my favorite things on my Tumblr page
That looks so fun! Having a place to run around - without getting in trouble! - is so important for toddlers. I'm learning that. I sure didn't realize it at first! :)
ReplyDeleteWe love the Creative Discovery Museum too! Do you know about the reading program at the Hamilton County Library? It ends on July 24, but if you go get the papers and read ten books to your little one by then, you get a whole lot of freebies including a free book and free passes to lots of Chattanooga places (like the discovery museum).
ReplyDeleteWow, what a cool museum. I am jealous!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that looks SO fun!! We have something similar here, but it's kind of in a small space.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting the Creative Discovery Museum! We are thrilled you and your daughter are enjoying all it has to offer already. We hope to see you again soon.
ReplyDeleteLynda LeVan
Dir. of External Affairs
Creative Discovery Msueum