___
I haven't talked a lot lately about being the housewife I'm not. That's probably because I have been having such trouble keeping house lately it's not funny. Having a toddler who pulls out everything I put away immediately? It's extremely tiresome. I'm trying to get used to it.
___
I found a whole stack of envelopes of pictures yesterday from when I was a summer missionary with IMPACT Virginia, along with some other memorabilia I had forgotten about. I don't know why these things were in my gift-wrap box under our bed. I enjoyed looking through the pictures but all I could think was DANG I was cute at 19! Why did I think I was so fat? Sigh. Isn't it always like that? [This picture is missing Abby.]
___
Foods I wish I did not know existed: peanut butter M&Ms, lemon sugar cookie ice cream from Publix, Sonic limeades. Foods I wish Libbie did not know existed: Goldfish, pretzels, anything that ends up dumped on my living-room floor and is impossible to get up.
___
Last night, I had a Dr. Pepper way too late and couldn't get to sleep. Then, every time I would almost drift off, Libbie started crying. I got up, checked on her, put her in long sleeves, patted, checked diaper, put on CD, etc, etc! At that point, I came back into our bedroom, tripped over everything, threw myself in bed, and got very angry. Mr. V asked me what was wrong, I told him. I then proceeded to put in earplugs and decide he could deal with it since it was 1 AM and I had yet to get any sleep. Today, I asked him if she cried much afterward. He has NO RECOLLECTION of any of this. MEN!
___
We discovered last week that the tree in our backyard is a Red Mulberry tree. It is bursting with fruit and the birds are going crazy over it. I actually did some research and shared it on Suite 101.
___
My friend Angie Smith is going to have her baby Charlotte tonight due to some complications. Please pray for her peace. I don't know what it's like to lose a child, but I do know that the Holy Spirit intercedes when we don't know what to pray.
Speaking of Angie, I recently picked up the issue of HomeLife in which she had an article. I cried when I saw the ad for I Will Carry You
Added to 7 Quick Takes Friday at Conversion Diary.
This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Read more in my disclosure policy.
----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
A few of my favorite things on my Tumblr page

Ugh. I wish I didn't know about peanut butter M&Ms. I bought a bag for Mark, not worried about it at all, because I don't like them. Ummm...yeah...
ReplyDeleteI love the publix key lime pie frozen yogurt. will have to try the lemon next time. Read the book ... I've read everything on Angie's blog and was in a bible study group with her friend Audra while all this was going on (so I have a little bit of a personal connection too). You will cry but it is also very hopeful.
ReplyDeleteLooking at pictures of myself at 19 makes me sad! I was a FOX, I tell you. And yet my confidence in my appearance was lower than low. What IS that?!
ReplyDelete