Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Magazines

I am a total magazine junky. Seriously. As much as I love reading books, sometimes you just need to settle in with a magazine and let your brain digest in small pieces. At one time or another, I've subscribed to all of these magazines:

Family Fun
Working Mother
Shape
Cooking Light
Gourmet (sadly shut down)
The New Yorker
Southern Living
American Baby
Woman's Day
All You
Kiwi
Parents
Better Home & Gardens
And Mr. V gets the ESPN Magazine




Woman's Day 

Insane, right? Of course, I didn't get them all at the same time ... at least, I don't think so.

I often let magazines pile up, but I find a time to read through them. I even have an ingenious filing system for magazine ideas and recipes that I want to hold onto.

I've just renewed Cooking Light, which has got to be my favorite magazine of all time. I have a lot of the Cooking Light annual cookbooks. I'm also very addicted to Family Fun and Southern Living right now. They have such fantastic ideas! (Family Fun has a lot of their crafts and recipes on their site, too--follow the link in this paragraph for the site.)

Amazon is running some wonderful deals on magazines right now, if you're looking for a new one to check out.

Crochet Today! 

--Marie Claire is $8/24 months.
--Parents is $12/24 months.
--Crochet Today is $18/24 months (crochet magazines are VERY pricey in craft stores, this is a good deal)

There are a lot of other great deals running where you can get 2 years for the price of 1. I love how Amazon breaks it down so you can see the cost per issue--because sometimes it's really NOT better to get the subscription than to buy it on the stand.


What's your absolute favorite magazine?

For more Things I Love Thursday, visit Jill at The Diaper Diaries.

This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Read more in my disclosure policy. 

----
Subscribe to the RSS feed or by e-mail.
Twitter much? I'm vanderbiltwife there, too.
Join my Facebook Fan Group
A few of my favorite things on my Tumblr page

11 comments:

  1. I'm a junkie for Oprah's magazine...I think it gets redundant and I'm tired of her being on the cover of every issue of her own magazine, but I can't stop reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooooove Mothering Magazine. Its the parenting magazine that is closest to my parenting philosophy. But I was quoted in Pregnancy magazine a couple years ago, which was exciting! It was an article about ways to prepare for a natural birth.

    Glamour is my guilty-pleasure magazine. I usually pick it up before vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Country Living and Real Simple. Country Home was my absolute favorite before it went out of publication. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to subscribe to a ton of magazines, but now I only subscribe to The Old Schoolhouse. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. National Geographic Traveler, Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, Food & Wine, Jaime Oliver's Magazine,& many more...ya...you could say I'm a junkie....and I'm still grieving Dominoe....boohoo. ~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Currently, I'm subsribed to:
    Glamour, Cosmo, Weight Watchers, Woman's Day, Family Circle, Parents, All You, and some sort of PBS mag for Jack.
    The kids around work know I'm a sucker for magazine fundraisers..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would list all the magazines I currently subscribe to but it is shameful. SHAMEFUL. Ok, here I go:
    Parents
    Parenting
    Family Fun
    Baby Talk
    Self
    Real Simple
    Midwest Living
    Grand Rapids Magazine
    Cooking Light
    Weight Watchers
    Eating Well
    Woman's Day
    Ladies Home Journal
    InStyle
    The Week

    I don't even think that is all of them, but I can't remember the rest. And I just let 3 subscriptions go. Mainly because I am THREE MONTHS BEHIND in reading any of them. SHAMEFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna know about your ingenious system for ideas and recipes! I always tear out or fold down the pages, but then I feel like I don't actually follow through :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the ones you mentioned for different reasons. I love Southern Living because it has always been a part of my life and was a big rite of passage to start "taking" my own subscription. I love Family Fun because they have the ABSOLUTE best crafts out there. And I love All You for the coupons; there, I said it. I don't even read it! I just clip away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love magazines, too, although I'm trying to cut back. Right now I subscribe to Parents, Parenting and Redbook. And Mark gets Motor Trend. Oh, I'm also getting the Weight Watchers magazine. (So much for cutting back, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I currently subscribe to

    Parents
    Parenting
    Family Fun
    Eating Well
    Food Network Magazine

    I never have time to read though. It's hard enough to read a few pages of a book before bed. I have a HUGE pile of magazines that I can't bring myself to throw away, even though some are over a year old, because I'll know eventually I'll get to them. Craft ideas and recipes never go bad so I want to get to them at some point. Plus it's good bathroom reading material :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails