Friday, July 10, 2009

At Home on a Friday Night

I just washed the floors of my (huge) kitchen on my hands and knees.

I can guarantee that I have never done that before in my entire life. Maybe I could get into this stress relief through cleaning that so many claim.



Why? Maybe by brute strength, sheer will, I could convince someone to come see our house?

Potential selling points to add to the descriptions:
--I use natural cleaners! Well, mostly.
--We have all CFL lightbulbs!
--I'll cook you dinner if you come see it!
--You can keep our Adirondack rocker, our coffee table...and anything else you want

It's extremely disheartening to have had no showings in a whole month. I had such a peace during Mr. V's job-search process. Now that we know where we're going, I want to GO. I don't want to wait on God.

But I don't think I have much of a choice.

I'm trusting, trusting that His plan is the best. Better than anything I could dream up in my mere little head.

In the meanwhile, I'll distract myself by reading His Word ... and cleaning. A lot.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't had any showings!! I lurve your kitchen :)

    we have had showings but no contracts...I am feeling a bit rejected myself. Everything will work out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you. Your house is gorgeous and I really hope a buyer comes by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry! That must be so frustrating. It is hard to be in situations that you have no control over. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between working in real estate and having several friends go through the selling (aka, not selling) house trauma, I am soooo sympathetic to your situation! Of course you're right - we don't have a choice about waiting on God. I suppose our choice is how we wait. But wow, that's easier realized and said - than done!

    Praying for your house to sell soon...!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails