Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Publix Bargain Meals: Ham and Cheese Puffs

Well, we have the same bargains as last week--but they are some good ones! I thought I'd offer up some fun Easter (or Easter-leftovers) fare for you with the bargains this week.

Ham and Cheese Puffs (recipe at AllRecipes.com, from Taste of Home magazine)
Bargains:
ham 1.39/lb--buy for Easter, use leftovers for this!
crescent rolls 1.66--plus coupons are always plentiful for these in the paper and around the Internets
Kraft shredded swiss cheese--1.66

2.5 oz. (1 cup?) sliced fully cooked ham, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Divide crescent dough into 24 portions. Press into greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture into each cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.

I've just realized that Kraft dressing is B1G1 at Publix this week, making it $1.50--and there were coupons in the paper on 3/29 for $1.50 off those! Score! Gotta get myself back to Publix to stock up. :)

Another option using the same ingredients, plus the free salad dressing:
Ham and Potato Pockets from Once a Month Mom

For more Bargain Meals of the Week, check out $5 Dinners.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to have to try this one! And going to have to quit looking at your blog when I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails