Sunday, March 08, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


click on the picture for more menu plans (much more interesting than mine!)

Well, I was hoping I would be able to fill in with extras at the grocery this week because I'm going out of town, which means Mr. V is eating sandwiches and mac-n-cheese for dinner (I'm such a good wife, aren't I?). But because I went to Publix for everything, that didn't happen. Oh well! I did get some GREAT deals on meat Friday night at Kroger and some chicken breasts for $1.99/lb at Publix. Anyway, here's the kind-of plan for this week ...

Monday: Mr. V eats sandwich or soup
Tuesday: Mr. V eats macaroni and cheese (the blue box, y'all...)
Wednesday: church
Thursday: pork chops of some sort, whole wheat couscous, broccoli
Friday: Taco Bake
Saturday: Maple-Orange Chicken on a salad with almonds and orange sections
Sunday: leftovers

Not too exciting. Oh well!

Here's what I got for my $40 this week.

Kroger ($8.85)
1/2 gallon orange juice
2 2-liters of Kroger brand coke
1.5 lbs pork chops (2.81 manager's special)
1.4 lbs ground beef (2.96 manager's special)

CVS ($3.80 after coupons and ECBs)
FiberOne cereal
FiberOne bars
Granola bars
(I also got Secret deodorant for $1 and Aveeno shaving cream for $1 after ECBs and coupons)

Publix ($28.74)
1 bag spinach leaves
2 bottles Ken's salad dressing (B1G1 + coupon)
Mexican blend shredded cheese (they took my coupon for Kroger cheese! yay!)
sliced colby jack cheese
Kraft mac and cheese (1/2 off)
1/2 gallon milk
tomato paste
chopped green chiles
sandwich ham
1 bag oranges
3 cans Pringles (on sale for .50 each, plus .30/3 coupon that doubled)
1 bag broccoli florets
8 oz. sour cream
1.7 lbs chicken breast
loaf wheat bread
Publix fakey Oreos (penny item)

TOTAL $41.39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails