Friday, December 05, 2008

Miss Fannie's Big Hat Tea

I was so excited to be able to take Libbie to Miss Fannie's Big Hat Tea Party at church last night. I've gone to the tea every year we've lived here. Every year I end up sitting with a whole table of women I don't know, and I kind of like that. It's interesting. The first year I was shy and wore a little tiny red beret. The second year I made a huge straw hat with boa, star, a bird, and lights that required a battery pack. Unfortunately the battery pack was so heavy it wouldn't stay on my head. Last year, I rocked out this little vintage number from the flea market. It has netting. LOVE IT.


And last night I went with a pink cowboy hat that was boa-lined and had a light-up tiara. Yeah I did.

I was so proud to cart around my little one in her stroller bedecked in a little Mrs. Clause outfit complete with Santa hat, of course. She was precious. One of my friends kept her at her table while I got to eat the divine meal and have some adult conversation. (By the way, it's REALLY frightening when elderly ladies at church start talking to you about the Victoria's Secret fashion show.) After dinner, the baby was starting to wake up so I took her to nurse her.

And then the screaming ensued. She screamed and screamed. She ate a little. She screamed some more. She screamed loud enough that all 300 ladies crammed into our fellowship hall could hear her over the women's choir singing. I decided it was time to go home. And then I realized that my coat was still inside, sitting on my chair which was smack dab in front of the performers.

God bless Andi who went in and got it for me. While the screaming continued.

She wailed all the way home until we got about .2 miles from our house, where of course she konked out.

At least she slept well last night.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet--Libbie went to her first tea party!

    And uh, do we get to see pics of the pink cowboy/boa/tiara?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails