I was driving home from Bible study with another girl I take turns driving with in the car. We were stopped at a red light at a fairly major intersection, and someone across the intersection passed out at the wheel, drifted across, and hit my driver's side. I am still bothered at how I didn't see it coming at all. When we drove past yesterday, though, I realized it isn't a very wide intersection and I don't think I could have done anything to veer out of the way had I seen it.
So anyway, I've been a bit of a mess since then. My mom flew down on Wednesday night and stayed until yesterday morning, which was wonderful. I was pretty much glued to the couch other than a few short outings until yesterday.

I know I should be contemplating the whole meaning of life since I honestly thought I was going to die and managed to get out of the car (well, got carried out after having my door removed!) with only a small gash and some bruises. I really haven't gotten to that yet, and maybe I won't. I do feel incredibly protected and I know for sure that God must have some reason for still wanting me here, because He could have brought me home pretty easily. I am eager and praying to see what that is!
Now it's all the mundane insurance stuff and having to buy a car (again). We had only had this used car for 11 months since I was rear-ended last November!! I seem to have a sign on my car that says, "Hey! I'm just sitting here obeying the law, why don't you come and hit me??"
How scary! so glad you were not hurt seriously. I'm assuming your passenger is okay too.
ReplyDeleteThis is crazy! So glad you are safe! I am always afraid someone will run a red light as I am driving through an intersection--so sorry this happened to you!
ReplyDelete