Friday, August 11, 2006

Book Meme

I'm totally aware that no one reads this, so this is entirely for my own benefit!

One book that changed your life: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. I read this in a 200 level English class and was so fascinated with all the themes, it showed me I could be an English major and that I am kinda smart in English!

One book you have read more than once: All of the Harry Potter books.

One book you would want on a desert island: the Bible; the Sweet Potato Queen's Book of Love because it always makes me laugh.

One book that made you laugh: Marley and Me by John Grogan. Laughed hysterically and then sobbed hysterically.


One book you wish had never been written: Moby Dick. Bane of my existence!

One book that made you cry: Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick. I always cry when she cries on Easter.

One book you are currently reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

One book you have been meaning to read: Light a Penny Candle by Maeve Binchy. Only one of hers I own that I haven't read. Also: Digging to America by Anne Tyler, everything by CS Lewis; The Satanic Verses by Rushdie.

One book you wish everyone would read: the Bible, and Blue Like Jazz.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails