We're leaving to go out of town on Friday, so it's a short week. Here's what I plan on making.
These simple pepperoni rolls, only using just 1 bread dough roll.
Chicken Cutlets with pasta and homemade tomato sauce
Little League Stew--It is from The Stuffed Cougar cookbook, which was compiled in the 70s by a bunch of old ladies in Richmond, Virginia. Author called it Little League Stew because she cooked it for 4 hours in the oven during the ball games. I think it's equally yummy in the crockpot. Yes, I do realize it's going to be 104, but Mr. V requested it and who cares, it's air conditioned inside.
Little League Stew
1 lb. stew beef, cut into bite-size pieces and browned
4 potatoes, diced
4 carrots, sliced (or baby carrots, halved)
1 onion, diced
1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 can cream of celery soup
salt and pepper
1/2 c. red wine
(Original recipe also calls for a can of mushroom stems and pieces, which we never use.)
Toss everything together in your crockpot. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Tada! Really delicious served over biscuits.
Hm, I just realized something. Today is Sunday, and we've already eaten. Wednesday night we go to church to eat. Thursday night is our 4th anniversary and we have reservations at a nice restaurant. So...I may just make the stew and be done with it for this week! Oh well, it'll save. Just expect to see the same things next week that I said I was making this week!
Thanks for the pepperoni rolls link. It looks delish.
ReplyDeleteYummy menu, the pepperoni rolls sounds really good.
ReplyDeleteMenu Plan is Up
Hi! I just stopped by your blog to check out your menu. I'm going to bookmark your stew recipe- it sounds very good!
ReplyDeleteHad to laugh at your blog name. My Dh and I are both Vandy grads. He graduated 1990 and then went to VU Law school- graduated in 93. I graduated in 1991.
Did you or your DH go there or are one of you employed there?
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com
Good for you having a short week to plan out! Stop by to see my menu and enter a chance to win some Hansen's Sparkling Water to go with all of these meals we are planning!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/
Sounds like a great week! Stew and leftover stew...mmm :) Hope that gets ya through the week.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
LL stew looks like something my husband would like!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I'll try the stew. Have a roast, carrot, potatoes in the fridge, but no red wine.
ReplyDeleteBetter google a substitute, quick!
Just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed the Little League Stew!
ReplyDeleteI made it with 2.5 lb roast for last night's dinner (counting on leftovers).
Everyone loved it so much--and wanted it again for lunch--that I have to cook a different meal for tonight.
I ended up subbing the wine for 1/2 cup V-8 left in the fridge.